Saturday, January 01, 2005

Marg Simpson? Not any more!

Plans falling through last night ended up being the best gift of the season. Hubby and I had an awesome night together, and once again, I am reminded that I'm rich in what's important in life. Didn't hurt to have a feed of lobster at 10 p.m. either though.

Today I fessed up to hubby that I saw the one-I-married-for-a-minute-by-mistake on Christmas Eve. I purposely hadn't told him because I didn't want any of that ugliness from my past interfering with our family holiday season. Well that, and I wanted to sit and reflect on it for a bit. I mean, come on, would you readily admit to the man you love more than anything that you once married a guy who now looks alarmingly like Homer Simpson and who has taken on the job of placing ads under windshield wipers in the mall parking lot at Christmas time for extra money?

But I did tell him today, and we had a good chat about how far we had come as people since we got ourselves out of those relationships that weren't right for each other.

It's going to be a good year. I can feel it.

6 comments:

Julianna said...

I pray you are right Sandy.

Have a nice weekend.

Take care.

Donna said...

Sandy, you posted on my blog so now I'm returning the favour. I haven't read much but I can tell we have a lot in common already.

1) I am Canadian, grew up in the suburbs of Vancouver
2) I was married to a loser first time around (unfortunately for six years though)
3) I am 40 and have been TTC unsuccessfully for almost 3 years (but who's counting?)
4) I have two Goldens, one a pure-bred and one from a rescue organization (check out the link on my blog to our website for Bailey & Tucker's page)

There's probably more but I just wanted to let you know you'll probably be seeing more of me this year.

Donna said...

Actually, you posted on Tiff's blog, not mine...sorry about that!! Stupid 40 year-old brain. But, we still have a lot in common. Feel free to browse my blog.

Tiff said...

(haha Donna, I am glad to see I am not the only one that does stuff like that. lol)
So glad to hear that you both had a great evening! Every once in a while a night like that will come along and clear our heads. I do admit though, that hearing your story makes me glad I moved FAR away from my ex.

Stephanie said...

Every year is the one befor it

Sue said...

Hi, Sandy! I saw your blog on Donna's so I hope you don't mind me posting. I am 40 and we have been TTC for 2 1/2 years (3 early m/c and one heartbreaking loss at 4 1/2 months due to trisomy 18). DH just turned 41 on the 31st. We have two small dogs and 2 cats who we love dearly. DH and I have been together for almost 8 years but married for just under two. We both have exes, but no children. (My ex wasn't a complete loser, but oh so wrong for me. The fact that he was adicted to crystal meth didn't help either.) We live in Orange County, CA, south of LA. I'm from Michigan, hubby from Fresno.

I'm hoping 2005 brings us all blessings as well!