Monday, January 03, 2005

5-Oh

Today is my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. The kids were here with us this morning, so we called Mom & Dad (or Papa Moses and Nana J as the kids call them) and sang Happy Anniversary ... very loudly and off key ... to them. They loved it! My sister and I are organizing a dance for them this Saturday evening. It looks as if there will be about 100 people there. Hubby's band will provide the music. He and I will do a song together for Mom and Dad to dance to ... I'm looking forward to the whole evening.

The big surprise for them will be the arrival of my Mom's sister and her son on Friday evening. They live in Ontario and are flying in for the party. Mom came from a family of 13 and they are the only two remaining alive. Amazing. I'm so grateful and touched that she will come all this way for a weekend. That's family in action.

I'm pretty sure that I ovulated ... either that or I've got really bad gas pains on my left side. Is this what the next months will be like? Reading into every little twinge, twang and gas pain? Previous clomid users? What was your experience? I don't chart, so any help with describing how to recognize ovulation would be appreciated. I do ovulate, but have never really paid close attention to the signs.

Now how I connected my parents' wedding anniversary to ovulation is beyond me. Isn't it marvelous how when you're focused on trying to conceive, it all comes back to sex, ovulation or your period? What the hell did I talk and write about before this became my obsession?

Anyhow...happy anniversary Mom and Dad. Happy Ovulation Day to me.

2 comments:

Julianna said...

The party sounds awesome and your mother is going to be thrilled to see her relatives. That is so sweet.

As far as the ovulating and clomid. Do you use OPK's? They are right on the money. When I was using clomid, my doctor did ultrasounds and then did an IUI so I am not sure how the non-IUI cycle goes.

Clomid almost ruined my right ovary. I swear, I said I would never take it again. I had cysts on my enlarged ovary and I couldn't bend over for 2 weeks. I hated being on Clomid. I had cramps and sharp pains every day.

Good luck with everything.

Donna said...

The party sounds amazing! My family is too crazy to be trusted all in the same room at the same time.

I think I've done 6 Clomid cycles all together, not all in a row, and I never had any real side effects other than becoming bitchier than normal pre-O. As far as the pangs and twinges and pains are concerned, the only thing I can say is it could mean something, or nothing. I know that isn't much help, but really, I kept track of this kind of stuff and sometimes the pains came before, sometimes during and sometimes after. I finally caved and spent the money on a Fertility Monitor and I've never looked back. Of course, when you graduate to IUIs you turn over your cycle in totality to your doctor, so there's no need to wonder. Good luck!