Sunday, January 30, 2005

More random thoughts

Things I'm thinking about today.

  • it's six years ago today that my brother died. I was sitting in a hotel room in Chicago when I got the call from my parents. I had tickets to the Oprah Winfrey show. Although I miss him like hell, I've always retained a secret resentment and anger at him that he made me miss the only chance I'll have to see Oprah. I know. I'm going to hell for saying that out loud, today of all days.
  • my husband is a hottie. 'nuff said.
  • I have to get serious about getting back on a weight loss kick. I ate a can of Duncan Hines chocolate icing, one spoonful at a time, over this last week. Hello, my name is Sandy and I need to admit that I am powerless over chocolate.
  • I am proud of myself for finally confronting a passive aggressive "friend" yesterday and telling him that I couldn't handle him behaving like Eeyore one minute longer. It will either have ended our friendship, or he will take a look at his behaviour. Either way, I feel better about dealing with him to his face instead of walking away from our exchanges feeling frustrated and used.
  • I'd love it if the people that are coming here from Michele's site to play the scavenger hunt game would say hello and leave their blog link so I can visit. I do venture outside of the world of infertility blogs once in a while.

Exciting day of thoughts for me eh? (Oh gawd, I swore I'd never use the "eh" thing because it's so stereotypically Canadian, although not the part of Canada I live in ... but oh well, it's the only appropriate way to end a questioning sentence. Right? Oh no wait, there IS another way!)


4 comments:

Maura said...

Hi there, wandering through on Michele's hunt looking for the clue. I can totally relate to the powerlessness against the evil, smooth, creamy chocolate! :-)

Wally said...

Sandy,

A spoon at a time? I used to devour a can of chocolate icing, in just one sitting! However, when I found out that I had diabetes, I had to change my evil ways. But, I hear you on the diet thing. It's just not easy to give up everything; but, I find that I'll screw up more if I don't at least have a favorite food, now and then. Yeah, and that would be cheesecake, and chocolate! I can't count the times that I'd think about making out my will, well; before I would lose my will!
Most of the time I use "huh!?" But, that seems to get worn out too, eh!? ;-) Have a wonderful day!

Christine said...

Hello! Don't mind me - just scavenging about. (I still can't find the clue, but I won't give up!)

Cara said...

Hello! I'm here from the Scanvenger Hunt! I just wanted to say that I read several of your blogs and I really enjoy your site. I deal with infertility, too. I have two children that I conceived in my early twenties but I'm now 33 (not very old) and because of thyroid issues I cannot conceive. It is the hardest thing I've had to come to terms with. We've thought about adoption but my husband has some emotional issues with it. So, for now, I'm blessed with two children and maybe that's all that God intended me to have. Take care and I'll be reading your blogsite on a regular basis!