Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Day Two

Day Two, and a second positive pregnancy test.

Yesterday as I drove to work, freaked out at what had just happened, I thought of a woman that I used to work with - Leah. IFour years ago, she announced her second pregnancy, only to have that end in miscarriage. When she announced her third pregnancy, I was also pregnant, and we were sharing a due date. We emailed frequently about our pregnancies and joked about sharing a room at the hospital. She shared her fears and uncertainties with me, and talked about how she didn't feel as if she could get excited about this pregnancy ... just in case.

We lost our Brodie at 21 weeks, and she was there to comfort me. She went on to deliver her beautiful daughter on February 19 that year - thankfully. I never see her any more, and had not met her miracle daughter.

I was thinking about her yesterday, and her fears that she so willingly shared with me. And then the elevator doors opened in my office building, and in she and her daughter walked. I couldn't believe it - although I am a firm believer that I am always brought the very people I need to see when I need to see them. And I needed to see her yesterday.

My husband and I have agreed to take this amazing event for what it is - a gift - and to enjoy it one day at a time. I can't look much beyond that.

So...day two, and although I'm still terrified, I'm trying to relax and be happy.

I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday.

3 comments:

Julianna said...

wow, I have chills!!!

I was thinking about you today and I'm so glad you are doing okay.

Can't wait to hear about your doctor's visit.

Take care of yourself and your little blessing.

The Walker Tribe said...

Sandy,

Thanks for your thoughts on your earlier post. I'm with you....one day at a time is the best way. What a blessing!

Thoughts....

ShortStoryDude (David)

Canoes under my shoes said...

Best wishes!!!! Wow.