Thursday, January 13, 2005

Update on the mind game

I love my doctor. She's clear, to the point and pulls no punches. She asked me why I tested so early. I explained the spotting on Saturday, the getting sick on Sunday. She asked me if I had symptom A & B, to which I answered yes. Then she explained that I had indeed tested very early, and that a positive is a positive, but it might not be a viable positive. Which reminded me why I never used to test until I was at least three days late. Of course that was before I became re-obsessed with this conception game.

She sent me for betas today, and I'll have to get them again on Monday. If they are good, then I'll go for an early ultrasound. If they're not good, then we have to sit out next cycle because, in her words, we'll have to let the miscarriage happen.

And just because I can't let well enough alone, I stopped on the way home and picked up yet another test. This time an early detection test. I just took it - it's 5:00 p.m., and it's negative.

So, although I will continue to take every good wish and prayer anyone might be sending my way, I think I got too excited too early.

And I'm thinking I might just get in on Julianna's line writing.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Hi, Sandy! I had trouble reading your posts at home last night, so I thought I'd sneak a peak at work today. I'm so sorry about the uncertainty of this pregnancy. For some of us, it never gets any easier. Please keep us posted and we're all pulling for you.

The Walker Tribe said...

Sorry for all the uncertainty and up and downs you are going through. Thoughts and prayers...

David

Julianna said...

Sandy, but like your doctor said, it is early......I am still holding out hope for your beta.

That will completely and totally suck if your HPT was a tease. That is not fair.

Thinking of you and checking in regularly.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Sandy,

I'm sending prayers your way and waiting to see the beta. I hope it's good.

xxoo,
Emily