Thursday, January 06, 2005

Random Thoughts

Lots of random thoughts wandering through my brain tonight. It's late here (almost midnight) and we're in the midst of yet another snow/freezing rain system. I love getting snow, but only when it's convenient for me. It's not convenient right now. I have family flying in tomorrow for my parents' 50th anniversary celebration and excuse me but I have things to do!!! I need clear roads and cooperative weather systems. Get your act together weather!

I found a friend's blog quite by accident the other day and was just so totally stoked to reconnect with this woman! Check out her blog at http://grinsnlaughter.blogspot.com/ . You will not regret it! Although she has managed to spring forth one absolutely delightful child, I forgive her for being a fertile, and love her because she has a totally demented sense of humour and is known for being the queen of the witty retort! She is currently assembling an ecclectic dinner guest list. Enjoy your visit with Grins and drop her a note to say hi.

The tarty tree has relocated to the back deck. Yes, I was sad to see her go but before she left, she gave me a parting gift. A sliver that remains in my left index finger even now ... some 24 hours later. Bitch. I replaced her with a potted plant that I gave extra water to and the best sun position. But I am sad that there is no festive light to my living room now.

And finally ... I probably tempted fate. I actually purchased a home pregnancy test yesterday. Well, I purchased one of those digital 3 packs. I have tucked it under my cupboard and am trying not to think about it, but somehow the creature has learned my name. I've heard it singing out quietly since I tossed it in the under-the-sink-basket, but I will resist. I'm at least ... at least ... 10 days away from even being in a position to consider testing.

I'll be away for a few days doing this celebratory family thing. Have fun and play nice with each other.

1 comment:

Julianna said...

Have a FABULOUS weekend!