Friday, December 31, 2004

2004 Passes Peacefully On

The last day of 2004. Hubby and I went to see "Annie" last night at the theatre. I bawled all the way through it. Live musical theatre does me in ... and to willingly go watch a story about adoption when you're as hormonal as I am just doesn't help it out at all!

I'd like to be all retrospective and deep today about this past year, but nothing is coming. It's been a good year. There are things that have happened that have challenged me, certainly. And there are things that I would like to have done differently, but it's been a good year.

I also don't have a list of resolutions to kick off this new year. I really do need to continue with the exercise but that's a daily resolution, not a new year one. I also truly need to get serious about getting my weight under control, per yesterday's post, but again, that's a daily resolution.

Our plans for this evening fell through. We were going to join up with some friends at a very small fire hall outside of the city where one of them was playing in the band. It was that small, though, that no one bought tickets and they had to cancel the gig, so we're up in the air for tonight. One of the guys from the band just called, and suggested that they get some lobster and come here tonight for a jam session - which is probably what we'll end up doing. Works for me. I've never been a big one on this passing of the new year and all the formality associated with it, but it would be nice to spend it with friends this evening, and I never say no to a good lobster feed!

I'll leave on this note today. Happy New Year....there's hope for us yet:

Romanian, 67, to become world's oldest mom

1 comment:

Tiff said...

I hope you had fun with your friends even though your original plans fell through.
'05 WILL be better! ;)