Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Dubya Tumbler

My city was taken over by George W. Bush mania today. He came for two and a half fricking hours to say thank you to Canadians for the 9/11 support provided to diverted air passengers, and turned the city upside down. I had a meeting in one building this morning, and outside of that building, gathered in the parade square, were about 2000 protesters. I left that meeting to walk back to my office building about two hours later. The entire street was shut down because the protesters were taking it over. I met an elderly woman at the bus stop who was that nervous that she actually asked to walk with me.

And tell me this? Doesn't it kind of violate the whole secretness around the secret service if they let the public know that they have code names for the presidents? The paper published it today. George W. is affectionately referred to as "Tumbler".

Craziness.

Then I stopped at the drugstore on the way home to pick up the Clomid. I knew that it wouldn't be covered under my insurance but didn't expect to see this written on the receipt:

"Patient not entitled to this medication"

What do you think? A sign?

2 comments:

Julianna said...

Hi Sandy,

Just wanted to wish you luck with your meds. Hang tough. I'm thinking of you!

Lala said...

Don't be looking for signs now, young lady, just get on with the biology experiment.
We had had Bush here for two days and I thought I had managed to avoid it all but still got caught by his 25 vehicle entourage trying to get home from work the other night. At least we threw all that snow at him and kept him here longer. He's not THAT powerful, as you can see.