Thursday, December 09, 2004

One Husband for Sale or Rent - Cheap

I'm writing to save my husband's life tonight. If I don't write, I may do some serious damage to him. Man he is frustrating me tonight!!!

He and I have very different methods of coping with stress and dealing with anger. I acknowledge that I have a very high tolerance level but I get tired of always being the one to have to put up with his moods.

Now I also know that things are so good between us 99% of the time that I have become almost intolerable of the 1% when they are not good. I used to have unreasonable expectations that he would always be in a good mood because I am almost always in a good mood. Once I realized that wasn't going to happen, then I had to learn that when he gets in a mood it wasn't anything personal toward me.

But holy shit, you have to be way on top of your game all the time to do that! And tonight I was not on top of my game.

Yes, I know he is tired. And yes, I know that he teaches all day long (well from 8:30 to 3:30). And yes, I know that he has two Christmas concerts going on. And yes, he has staff parties at both of the schools he teaches at. And yes, he chooses to work out every day after work, plus do tae kwan do two or three times a week.

But you know what? I begin work at 8:00 a.m. and usually leave the office at about 7:00 p.m., on a good day. I go none stop in meetings, so the work happens after office hours. I am working with a totally unreasonable ass of a boss right now, and the one woman that I do respect and who I consider my mentor is leaving her job next week. And I come home to cook and tidy up, plus do all of the other daily living things that people are called to do. I support him when the kids are here, and I'm on the go just as much. But I don't bang doors and yell when I'm tired and frustrated.

Now he and I have a pact that we will always try to see Jesus in each other's eyes, and to be Jesus for each other. In fact, the first song we danced to at our wedding was called "I Can See Jesus in Your Eyes". But the human in me is having a hard time with that concept tonight.

Vent over.

No comments: