Sunday, December 26, 2004

Boxing Day Bonanza

I am married to the most amazing man. We've often said we could have fun in a ditch together, and yesterday was a fine example of the mirth and merriment that we share.

Yes, we had all the trimmings of Christmas - a few nice gifts, very thoughtful and demonstrative of how well we know each other. But my favourite gift of all? The gift of time that we were given yesterday with family and with each other - and the gifts of laughter and love.

We got up semi late (for us anyhow) yesterday - 7:30 a.m. We had breakfast. We called family members to wish them good morning and merry Christmas. We talked to our two boys and shared their excitement by phone. We opened our stockings and gifts from each other.

Then we peeled potatoes together, and made a big pot of mashed garlic potatoes to take up to my parents' home, which is about an hour away. The weather was perfect for our drive - not a drop of snow and lots of sun so no black ice possibilities.

We laughed, sang, talked and dreamed on our drive. And then we shared family together.

My sister had us in stitches, doing impressions of my brother "whistling" for the dog. It's at Christmas that I miss my brother most especially since it was Boxing Day five years ago that I last saw him alive. She brought his voice and total goofiness back to life for me yesterday. Our mother laughed so hard we were worried for her a few times.

It was good. It was all good.

My husband gifted me with a mobile that has the three most beautiful stuffed teddy bear angels. We have hung it in our front room, and along with it, said a prayer of hope and desire that this year will be our year.

On another note, the side effects of the clomid have set in. Not too bad with the mood swings ~ although my husand has decreed that I will not carve the turkey today due to the use of sharp objects ~ but the hot flashes and fatigue are ever present. I hadn't realized that hot flashes were a side effect, although my husband certainly remembered that fact. I was a bit concerned that I had flipped into menopause overnight!

There. My ramblings from a deliriously happy chick today. Happy Boxing Day.

1 comment:

Julianna said...

Merry Christmas Sandy. The mobile sounds beautiful.

I am so hopeful for you with this cycle. Go Clomid! Go Clomid!