Sunday, May 01, 2005

The Obsessive Infertile

Not sure I'm liking this charting thing. We had friends of mine over for dinner last night ~ had a very enjoyable evening. BBQ steak and good salad; tunes on the guitars and 4 part harmonies. They are currently without a vehicle so I drove them home about 11:30 p.m. (yes, we're getting old...that's considered a late night here...).

When I arrived home, HB was crashed on the couch, remote in hand, walrus sounds ringing from his body. Both dawgs had joined his symphony, and so I left them all in the living room, crawled into bed, and tried to drown them out by blasting SNL on the upstairs television.

So there we were...no kids, no company, nothing good on tv, and sleeping on different floors of the house.

This morning I engaged in the now increasingly familiar thermometre pop routine, and after three days of flat lined temps, saw this .

Of course, I immediately equate any rise in temperature with ovulation. Even though my logical mind (yes, I have one) is telling me it's way too early in this cycle, I'm here this morning convinced that we missed our chance last night. I think I have to have more than a basal themometre in bed with me to make this work, right?

I knew I shouldn't get into this charting thing!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Don't panic yet -- you need 3 consecutive days of increased temps to "prove" ovulation. This might just be a blip on the radar. Having said that, it's about time to invite the hubby into that bed with you.

Donna said...

Well I hate to say I told ya so...

Anonymous said...

OPKs. Temp chart doesn't work without them, I think, as it only tells you after the fact. You want to know before so as to get lots of sex in. If you're not going to use OPKs,or even if you are, start shagging now!