Thursday, May 19, 2005

Feeling Happy

I was reading on Blue's blog (wow...say THAT five times fast!) about how it is that sometimes we only journal when things suck in life. I have always been a journaller ~ and can remember reading back through these journals before I threw them all out, and realizing how I only ever journalled when I was in crisis. Now that's good in a way, because it was almost always cathartic and healing, but when I reread the journals years later I can't help but think about how sad I have been at times during my life. What a shame that I didn't take the time to write about the good times!

Of Sunday, HB and I will celebrate our first wedding anniversary. And you know what? If I were keeping a paper journal now, it would be empty! Yes, we are living with infertility and have absolutely had our share of crisis. Any couple whose relationship survives the loss of a child through miscarriage or otherwise has lived through crisis. But oh my, the good times we have together.

I love waking up and knowing that it's going to be a good day. I have been blessed with a partner who loves and respects me. My house has become a home. If we haven't had a laugh together by 6:30 a.m., one of us is either not there or not feeling well.

I am most fortunate.

And as for the cycle this month? I broke down and actually bought a VIP membership to the charting site. It tells me to wait until the end of the month before testing. Today is day 27. I will test on day 30, which is Sunday.

In the meantime, let's all send healthy delivery wishes to my friend David and his wife. Their first child is due any day now. Warning: pregnant belly shot on his page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah!! i love you

Anonymous said...

Hey - our first wedding anniversary is on Monday. Happy anniversary!