Friday, May 13, 2005

Frozen Yogurt - the nectar of the gawds

I am on my own for the weekend, and I feel like a teenager. It's been ages since I've had the house to myself, and although I always think it's going to be great, I'm basically lonely by the time the second hour sets in. So I'm engaging in the kind of activity that teenagers do when their parents are away. What's amazing is that these behaviours are all so self destructive and in my grown up case, self sabotage. Things I've done so far have all involved poor eating choices - three bowls of frozen yogurt and french fries for supper. Not mixed together - that would be weird. Besides, I can't have any of my food touch each other on the plate. That's just not right.
I've also been really fighting the urge to smoke this weekend. HB doesn't smoke and really hates it when I do, so him being away this weekend takes away my external motivation to not smoke. When I got pregnant in 2002, I quit smoking and drinking alcohol of any kind. I never picked up the booze again, but have to admit that I snuck back into having a smoke now and again until I was back to smoking fairly regularly. I quit again in November 2004 but for some reason it's really in my head this week. What's with that? Anyhow, I'm in control of that - I read a book a while ago which I must dig out again this weekend. It was called somebody's easy way to quit smoking...can't quite remember who the author is ... but the points that he made are awesome. He asks you to consider things like if you were guaranteed that the next cigarette you smoked would kill you, would you still smoke it? It got me thinking. The whole time I smoked, I just assumed that nothing would ever happen to me because of my smoking. Today I constantly remind myself that I have been on the bad side of every statistic so far. Why the hell would I think that I would escape any of the hundreds of smoking related health issues if I were to start again? I believe that I've been lucky so far, and so choose to think that the next cigarette I smoke will kill me. Therefore I won't smoke that next cigarette. Now I just have to stop thinking about it!
On the conception trail, nothing much is happening this month. I've been charting this month and from everything that I can tell, it's day 21 of this cycle and I haven't ovulated. And it doesn't look it's going to happen any time soon.
More frozen yogurt is in order methinks.

5 comments:

Donna said...

I'd have to agree about your chart...I'm not seeing an O in there yet. But that doesn't mean it won't happen. Frozen yogurt and french fries - yummy! One of my favorite things is french fries dipped in vanilla milkshake, so almost the same thing. I smoked on and off through my teens and 20's, I smoked if the person I was with did (what a lemming I was back then!). Haven't touched one in years but I know its a hard nut to crack. Good luck.

Sue said...

So what are you saying? French fries don't make a nutritious meal? Bummer - that's what I had for lunch. No yogurt, though. Just Del Taco fries and a diet coke.
As for smoking, I love to smoke. I was never a smoker, but sometimes nothing feels better (and cooler) than a cigarette. Did you ever have those candy cigarettes as a kid?

Anonymous said...

If you go by the CM, it's possible you ovulated on day 20. Tough to tell - I understand that clomid plays with your temperature? Have you tried the OPKs?

I'm on my own tonight too, and have bought a pint of cherry garcia, and ordered sushi. That's in addition to the chocolate cake we had for tea...

Sandy said...

Thalia ~ I haven't tried the OPKs. First month charting so I'm going to try those next month. Love the menu for your night tonight!


No smokes and finished off all the frozen yogurt so I'm doing ok!!

Anonymous said...

Vive la FroYo!

My weakness is french fries dipped in mayo. Mmm. Saturated fat on saturated fat with cholesterol tossed in for good measure.

Good luck with the stoges.