Friday, October 15, 2004

Why?

Wow...there is so much sadness around these days. I've been reading through the blogs that I peruse daily, and so many of these women are having incredibly, unfair, incomprehensible shitty situations occuring in their lives.

Why is it that something that is supposed to be a given ... something that women have been doing for thousands of years ... evades so many of us today?

Are we asking for so much?

All we want is what we were always told we could expect to have in life. In fact in some cases, we might have been raised to believe that it was our duty.

When I got married in the Catholic Church, I was asked if I would raise my children Catholic. I was thinking "just let me have ONE frigging child and I'll raise it right on the steps of the church!!!!"

I listen to people moan about their kids...neglect them....complain about being tied down. I would give anything to have a sore back from being pregnant; swollen feet; be tied to the house helping with homework and teethbrushing with a child that looked just like hubby and I.

I dream about that child. It's always a boy. He has hubby's build and outgoing personality, and my work ethic and sense of humour. He has a strong faith, and a wicked laugh. He gives the best hugs, and he picks me dandelions. He believes in Santa and loses his teeth.

And he only exists in my imagination.

Why? Why? Why?

1 comment:

Julianna said...

i love you Sandy, you are so awesome.

thank you for everything you have done for me. I don't know how you go on after losing sweet Brodie.

My thoughts are with you and your husband.