Friday, October 22, 2004

Gratitude for my life today

I've been reading so many positive comments in blogs of late regarding how very much husbands of my infertile blogs friends are loved. And it got me to thinking about my own ... especially since he flew off to another province this morning to attend his sister's wedding. We won't see each other now until the end of next week - the longest period we've been apart since we met.

My husband is an incredible man. Incredible doesn't even really begin to describe it, but it's one word that works.

The only regret that we have about our lives is that we didn't meet each other twenty years ago, but then again, we wouldn't be the people we are today if we had met then.

We met at a party several years ago, and it truly was one of those moments when I knew I had found a soul mate. I had spent most of my life living with walls securely up around my heart. This awesome man showed me how to let the walls down. Since I've been with him, I notice that life is sweeter. It's easier to smile at people, and I want to be a better person. He can see the good in any situation, and he keeps me grounded. He always says that we could have fun in a ditch together, and he's right.

I dropped him off at the airport this morning, and immediately began missing him. And it's not like we don't both have very busy separate lives outside of each other, but our priority is each other ... an experience I've never had before.

I tingle when he walks into a room.

He calls, and my heart does a little leap.

He already is an incredible father to his two boys, and I know that if we are ever blessed with a child of our own, that child will be the luckiest little person around because of their daddy.

I am so grateful that this wonderful, loving, giving, caring, exciting, incredible, sexy, handsome hunk of a man has chosen me to be his best friend, soul mate and life partner.

God I miss him!

1 comment:

Julianna said...

And he is so lucky to have you!! It is times like these when we need to find things to be thankful for.......it sounds like you have an amazing husband.

I hope you have a good weekend, I'm sure it would be nicer if your hubby were there.

Take care.