Sunday, October 03, 2004

One day at a time....

I think that I'm finally beginning to understand what it is that is within my control in that whole big list of things of current events in my life that I listed last week.

N-O-T-H-I-N-G!

And once I accepted that, and handed it all over, things took on a life of their own.

My job situation has seemingly worked itself out. The person I'm currently replacing won't be back for another six months; the reorg did not eliminate my home position; and when he does return, it looks like I'm going to have an interesting new assignment to move onto anyhow.

The kids have been really great the last week or so, and Knothead hasn't showed her horns at all. In fact, she agreed to let us take the kids with us to my folks for Thanksgiving dinner next weekend. Wow!

A bunch of us that didn't get a chance to say goodbye to our good friend who died a few weeks ago are organizing a benefit in her name to raise money to buy her grandson a working dog. He has autism.

The anniversary date of our loss came and went, and I survived.

And the one thing that I CAN control....my weight and eating plan...seems to be coming back under control. I am feeling motivated to get my ample ass back in gear and on track. I've put in four good days so far.

One day at a time...one day at a time.


1 comment:

Julianna said...

Glad you are feeling better. Baby steps. baby steps.

Take care of yourself.