Tuesday, October 05, 2004

I need a life....

Today was a good day. I slept in, and awoke to a torrential downpour outside, which snarled traffic beyond belief. On a good day it takes me 30 minutes to get from my community into the city and then to my parking lot beside the office. Today it would have taken over an hour ... so I made an executive decision to stay home for part of the morning and work from here. Good choice! It got me off to a great start, which was much needed as the day progressed.

Why is it that we try to cram 12 hours worth of work into an 8 hour day lately? It's a sad statement when you're leaving your office at 7:30 p.m., and there are still people there to whom to say goodnight! But I digress....

Two things that happened today that made my day:
1. I won a contest to get free product from the weight loss program I used in 1998 to successfully lose 60 lbs. Only downside is that the centre that is making me the offer is quite a distance from my home, and the reason it worked for me before was that I went in daily. This would not be an option this time around, but I feel motivated to do this again.

2. I had a pain on my right side all day long. Now normally this wouldn't seem a good thing, but it felt suspiciously like an ovulation or implantation pain. Now I might just be into some wishful thinking here, because of course it might also be the start of my period....but hey, I can live positively for a while right???

As busy as I am, I feel like I need to get a life when these are the things that excite me!

1 comment:

Julianna said...

Congratulations on winning the contest! That is too cool.

I hope your pain is implantation or ovulation or anything other than your period!

Take care and thank you so much for you loving wishes.