Saturday, October 09, 2004

What I do have....

It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. I'm determined to swing out of this bitchy mood that I'm in, and become more tuned into the many many things that I have to be thankful for at this point in my life!
  • the most incredible husband who loves me just where I am any time, even on the sitting on the couch watching tv eating chip with my glasses on, sweatpants rolled under my belly, hair stuck up like Something About Mary days
  • two incredible stepsons that bring a whole new dimension to my previously organized and somewhat sedate life
  • a family that, although sometimes puts the "fun" in dysfunctional, loves each other and are good, decent human beings
  • my faith in God and my Christian community of friends
  • a job that is challenging and rewarding ~ with opportunities presenting themselves on an almost daily basis of late
  • a stable house that has become a home filled with laughter, music, testosterone and dirty socks from the afore mentioned testosterone carriers
  • my health, both physical and mental
  • good teeth and a reasonable singing voice

So I haven't managed to bring forth a babe. Perhaps I am meant to bring many other things to this life. Maybe I need to stop focusing so hard on what I don't have and get back to being grateful for what I do have today.

Just a thought.

1 comment:

Julianna said...

Thank you for that post. It made me think of what I have to be thankful for instead of worrying about the future.

Have a nice weekend.