Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Vacation lull - updated

I'm officially on vacation. One whole month. Well, one whole month less three days now. I'm loving it.

Yesterday we did a real family thing. We took the kids, piled into the vehicle, and went to the
zoo . I've been wanting to go to this zoo for years, and never had an excuse to do so. Turns out that HB and Knothead had taken Frodo and Mini-Me there once. Mini-Me was under a year old, so he didn't remember. Frodo calls Knothead while we're on the way there to tell her what we're doing, and she got all melancholy about the whole thing. She's a piece of work. Didn't dampen my fun. I took what I hope will turn out to be some great pictures - a few cool ones of Mini-Me feeding this camel that fell in love with him!

Edited to add: I managed to get some pictures uploaded:

Dad_Mini_Me_&_Sandy
Our_Camel_Friend

Ok...is it bad that the phone is ringing right now, it's my mother-in-law, and I'm ignoring it?

Rosie O'Donnell was in town yesterday, which was kind of cool. I read her blog fairly regularly, so knowing that she was posting about being here and then looking across the harbour and being able to see the ship docked was a bit of a mind bend. They were happy with the warm welcome they received - I live in a very tolerant city, for which I am eternally grateful.

HB and I are spending a lot of time together, which is great. We've started walking together every morning. We take the two dawgs and go for about 45 minutes, up through the woods and paths by our place. There are some beautiful ocean views along the way. The big dawg hurt his front paw the other morning though, and hasn't been able to come with us the last two days. He's getting older and we forget that we have to be more careful with him.


This is the reason I say the warranty has run out on my husband! Believe it or not, this was taken on the actual date of our first wedding anniversary!!

Thanks for the comments on my last post. It does help to know that blogging can be healthy. I wish I were a better writer ... but I've made a firm decision to blog from my heart and for me, and not to edit it. Of course, when I read how boring some of my entries are compared to other blogs that I stalk...ummm visit....and realize that this is coming from my heart, it makes me realize how sedate my life has become! Given the hellish rollercoaster I was on before meeting and marrying HB, I'll take sedate though ... any day!

One more thing - I finally got Brodie's journal typed out into my other blog. It's
here . Although parts of it made me sad to reread, it did make me fall in love with my husband all over again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog! You are NOT boring!

Wow, a month long vacation, that is awesome.

I hope you have a fantastic month.

Sue said...

What do you mean you don't write well?!! I love that you refer to your husband's children as "Frodo" and "Mini-me". Cracks me right up! Also, I almost burst into tears reading Brodie's journal. Nice pics by the way. In the first picture, dh looks a bit like Tim McGraw. In the second picture.....I dunno.....maybe more like Faith Hill?! Just kidding!

Donna said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures, your life and your sorrow. Not so sure about that pic of your husband, however! Seriously, he looks like a guy who doesn't take things too seriously. That's a good thing.