Tuesday, July 05, 2005

On the road again

I'm in a much better place these last few days. HB has been an amazing support ~ we've spent lots of time together and I am over my hysteria. I don't know what I ever did to deserve a gift so beautiful as the love he has for me, but I'm eternally grateful.
I have exactly two working days left until I am on a full month of vacation. I am so ready to have a break from the turmoil here at work. A month away will allow all the dust to settle. I have met with everyone I need to meet with regarding what I will be doing, and it is decided. I will continue with this assignment for at least the next nine months, and possibly longer. I need to secure some office space, which is at a premium. I spotted a little cubicle that is vacant this morning. The upside is that it's on a very quiet floor, and has a window. The down side is that it's a cubicle. The alternative is to get a phone line hooked up at home and work from there, coming in for meetings as needed. The upside would be that I'd save a bagload of money on parking and gas. The downside is that I have a tendency to get distracted when at home. I'm going to investigate both options. But perhaps after vacation.
Continuing on in the "change the things I can" mode, I weighed in at Weight Watchers this morning. I am the proud loser of 5.4 lbs in this first week, and am totally delighted! I feel focused and determined, one day at a time, and am loving this core program. No weighing or measuring, and just making healthy choices. Almost too simple.
Tomorrow I have to drive to my favourite part of our province for a meeting. It's about a five hour drive, so I'll head out early in the morning. After the meeting, my plan is to get a hotel room and just hang out with some friends overnight. I have to get up with the birds the next morning to be back here for a meeting, so it won't be a wild night.
So yeah, I'm back on the rails again. Feels good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss and the overall feeling good about yourself. Keep it up!

Donna said...

I was so glad to read this post! Have a great time with your friends. I am so jealous of your long vacation!

The Walker Tribe said...

Donna is jealous of the vacation...and I am jealous of the 5.4 lbs that you lost. That is great! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss! That is wonderful!

I'm completely jealous about a month's vacation. What I wouldn't give to take a month off!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time on vacation! And congrats on the weight loss--a great accomplishment.