Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Justice?

There really is no justice in this world.

Here I am, you are, so many of us are, struggling every frigging day of our lives to have a child. We put our bodies, our minds, our partners and our hearts through physical, mental and emotional turbulence every month. We know that our child would be so incredibly loved and wanted - if we could only have one!

I just heard a sound bite on the local news here that said "Gruesome discovery made". Turned my head and my ears to the television long enough to hear "a couple walking this morning discovered a shallow grave between rocks containing a human fetus".

I just watched the full story. The man who found the fetus (dammit...call it a baby!) said it was no bigger than his hand, still curled in the fetal position and wrapped in a cloth. Then they switched to an interview with a resident from the local area where the baby was found...a woman who said, in her nasal tone, "yes it's unfortunate, but these things happen".

These things happen???????

Sitting here right now, tears flowing, heart breaking, it feels to me like there feels like there is no justice.

4 comments:

The Walker Tribe said...

Those kind of stories are just heartbreaking. It seems like I hear them too much anymore. It just makes me sick.

Julianna said...

That is awful. It sickens me and it is NOT fair.

Soper said...

If you miscarry at home, and opt not to have your fetus dissected, cremated, and tossed away by the pathology lab, what do you do with it?

Maybe a woman simply found a quiet place in the woods where she could walk by and visit her child whenever she needed to, without having to pay $10k for a cemetary plot.

Anonymous said...

Soper - I got a feeling that's not how it happened.