Sunday, February 13, 2005

Cranky - got cheese for my whine?

There was a columnist in this morning's paper that said for me what I would have said in a letter to the editor, so I have decided not to proceed with writing. It also occurred to me this morning that by writing a letter, I'd be doing the very thing that I'm asking people to stop doing - perpetuating the discussion and keeping it in the limelight. I'm grateful that I do have this blog to come to, which allows me to vent and get my head together before I take action that I might not feel so great about in later days.

So other than that, I'm just cranky today.

HB was up early this morning to go to Knothead's house and pick up Frodo for hockey practice. Apparently she has decided she has had enough hockey for this weekend. Funny how she always decides that when it's the 6 a.m. practice and not the 2:00 p.m. one. Of course, when HB gets up, the dawgs get up. When 205 lbs of dawg start to move in your bedroom, you get up whether you want to or not. So guess who else was up at 5:30 a.m.? On a Sunday? And I'm not one of those that can appreciate the gift of being given an early morning to sit and meditate, or contemplate, or read/clean/sew...do whatever perky morning people do. Nope. Not me. I like to sleep.

HB came back from hockey practice and turned back around to go to tae kwan do practice. Starting to see why he's nice and svelte with a six pack for abs and I'm not? Instead, I stay home to finish laundry and do some work. I put the dawgs outside.

They're doing well - behaving quietly - for most of the morning, until about 11:30 a.m. when they start going out of their minds outside! I open the kitchen door rather quickly, to catch what I think I saw going on....our next door neighbour actually raising his hand to my dawgs!!! He looked up at me, quickly withdrew his arm from over the fence and endears himself to me even more in the moment by using an adjective that I abhor to describe any body or their behaviour. He says "They are acting retarded". I bring the dawgs in to the house, and as I shut the door, I see him looking up at the house in a sheepish way. So what the hell is up with that?? This is the guy that we entrust the dawgs to when we go away overnight. Well, not any more let me tell you. I don't care if I'm wrong, and he was reaching over to pat them. I have a hinky feeling about him now.

I should mention that this is the same guy who has been hauled away by the cops for what I think was a domestic situation not that many months ago. Again, can't be sure and so have tried not to be judgmental, but today? I'm judging baby...I'm judging.

HB just called. We're going to spend the rest of our Sunday taking his 70 year old mom out to visit her 92 year old father. Then we're going to take her out for supper. Guess I better dump my crankiness. His grandfather is always a good reason to do that - he usually hugs me and asks me "can you do this?" as he takes his teeth out.

Oh the fun.

3 comments:

Julianna said...

Thinking of you.

Sue said...

It's a wonder we are ever NOT cranky!!! WRT your dogs, don't trust your neighbor - I bet your gut is right. BTW: thanks for your post - good luck on your weightloss journey, too!

Lala said...

I'm glad someone in the media said what we were all thinking.