Friday, February 18, 2005

It's all good

Bit of a drive by post from me tonight. Things are good ... not much going on. Busier than a rat's ass at work it seems and working way too many hours, but for good reason. Although it's funny - I'm working to advance and if I got pregnant tomorrow and was told I had to quit work to hang onto my baby, I'd be gone. Priorities.

My birthday week has been amazing. HB has had a gift for me every single morning! His buddies were teasing him - saying he's set a standard he'll have to live up to for the rest of our lives now. Somehow, I think he'll do it. He's amazing. It wouldn't have mattered what the gifts were - the fact that he took the time to select and wrap (ok ok..he DID use duct tape but hey...) a little something every day is amazing to me!

And they weren't that little, actually. On Tuesday I got new guitar strings and a bunch of picks. Wednesday was a paperback novel and Thursday it was a Sarah McLaughlin music book. Today it was her cd so that I could learn the songs - I learn by ear rather than reading music. His 9 year old told me I didn't really deserve all these gifts, but since his dad was convinced I did, he'd go along with it. Cute. Snotty, but cute.

We have the boys for the whole weekend, which is a bit of a change for us. Busy weekend though, so it will go fast. We watched Shark's Tale tonight and I actually spat diet coke out at one point. What a great movie. I might have to buy it and add to my Nemo and Shrek collection.

Life is good tonight.

1 comment:

Julianna said...

I'm so glad you're having a good week.

Happy Birthday next week too!

Take care.