Friday, September 29, 2006

A Poacher Named Hope

I have decided to leave my head partially in the sand for now. I was truly just having a bad day I think. I've worked so hard to remain positive and stress free, and that just wasn't happening the other day - thus the ostrich post.

Having said that, I got up on Wednesday morning and was going about my morning routine of showering when I was overcome with a coughing fit that left me hanging over the toilet wretching. I have been fairly congested throughout this pregnancy thus far ... something I do remember from my first pregnancy. Without wandering too far into the zone of too much information, the congestion builds up, eventually makes me throw up, and is for me, one of the sure pregnancy symptoms I get.

If anyone had been peeping in our windows that morning, they would have thought us totally wonked. HB is sending me off to work with a kiss and a cheery "hope you throw up all day hon", and I'm smiling weakly back saying "thanks...me too". Yep. Wonked.

So despite all the good advice (seriously...thank you all so much for the suggestions and comments...every one of them), I decided against calling my doctor. I read your comments, googled, read some real books ... all of which assured me that what I was feeling was normal for the 9 to 10 week mark.

We leave tomorrow morning for five days in Boston. As weird as this sounds, I thought if something is wrong, there's nothing that I can do about it. So I might as well wait until I get back from Boston and deal with it at my doctor's appointment on Thursday.

But in my heart, I am beginning to believe that perhaps nothing is wrong. Just maybe. I'm starting to allow that long lost bag named Hope to slip in there .... she's not a permanent resident yet, but she is doing some poaching.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't leave a comment on the last post because I was afraid for you and unsure of what to say. Wow, me unsure? That's odd. Anyway, are you taking the CAT or driving through NB to get to Boston? I'm going down after Thanksgiving and I've never driven from here, only from Ottawa. So chatting about travel I can do.......

Sandy said...

Hey Lala...
It's tough because sometimes there is nothing you can say. you've been there so I know you know.

As for the trip to Boston, believe it or not, we're going on a bus. It's to attend a conference so there are quite a few of us going from here on a chartered bus. We are driving through NB and will be actually stopping somewhere there for lunch tomorrow. My understanding is that it's about 14 hours from here, so shouldn't be too bad from where you are!

Krista said...

Hey Sandy

Glad to hear that you are feeling better (emotionally). Hope is hard to find after loss and I am glad she is poaching there sometimes.

Hope you enjoy the trip and the bus ride does not make you sick.

Lut C. said...

A little distraction, that's great.

Sue said...

I hope you're having fun in Boston. Write and let us know how your dr's appt goes on Thursday.

x said...

I am so glad to hear that you are back to feeling pg symptoms. Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Was that today? The appt?

*sits on pins and needles*