Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sinking in

It's all good. The spotting has stopped. In fact, it was very minor spotting, in retrospect. One little splurt first thing in the morning on Sunday and Monday, and another little one in the evening on Sunday. I've done enough reading and googling now to know that it's all normal.

I have to be careful what I wish for - yesterday I said to HB that I'd like to get a good dose of morning sickness to know I was pregnant. Well, today has been one of those queezy all day days.

We have decided that we're telling people freely. I know what it is that I have to do to take care of myself physically, but we all know that if it's not going to continue, there's nothing you can about it. So in the meantime, we want people to be happy for and with us.

Yep. It's starting to sink in.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

we always felt the same way - people would be happy and excited for us, and supportive if something happened. Thinking ofyou and wishing you a sickness filled 3 months!!

Anonymous said...

Sounding much better. I agree, about the telling. If you don't tell, then if something happens you have to tell the good thing anyway followed immediately by the bad thing.

Krista said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better Sandy

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the telling...you will get lots of support and probably less explaining to do no matter what happens. And I'm glad you're feeling better, or worse, or whatever! I hope you feel really queasy and that posting updates makes you feel better ;) Hang in there!

In Due Time said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

THAT'S A GIRL!!
GO FORWARD AND HAVE A BABY!
I WISH YOU SOME MORNING SICKNESS
AND SOME TIREDNESS.
YOU CAN DO THIS.
IT IS TIME FOR YOUR BABY TO BE HERE.

Mony said...

I know a lady who wasn't even trying to fall pregnant...I mean..no treatment or ANYTHING and just when she'd resigned to the fact that she'd never get pregnant....you'll NEVER believe what happened. Yep!
She fell pregnant!!!!!!
I'm so glad I finally know a "Lady" with a story like that. I'm chuffed Sandy!

Mel said...

Good news! I hope you continue to do well! I know what you mean about telling people though. Ask lots of questions tomorrow! I hope you have a really good caring doctor.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad to see you're starting to let yourself enjoy this, come what may. My thoughts have been with you through the lasta few days and they'll definintely be sticking there.

Anonymous said...

What great news!

Just a little note. Sometimes spotting is normal (I had some with my second and it turned out to be a little hematoma that never caused any trouble, in fact at the amnio the amniotic liquid was brown and it stayed brown until I delivered!), but it could also be due to low progesterone. I would call your doctor and ask to have your progesterone checked, which can be supplemented. Better safe than sorry.

I am glad the m/s is reassuring you. Grow baby, grow!

Laura