Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Yuck Yucks

It's day 23 of this cycle and no ovulation line has appeared yet on this chart although I'm hopeful that my temp will stay up tomorrow morning. For some reason I get comfort in just knowing that I've ovulated ~ even if nothing has come of it.

I made an appointment with the clinic for the 30th of this month. Everyone else seems to have names for their doctors. I think I need to call mine Dr. DoNothing. She's a lovely person, but the more I read and educate myself at Google U, the more I realize that sending a 42 year old woman home with a prescription for ten months of clomid is not actually treating infertility.

I'm not sure what I hope to achieve from the appointment, but I feel better for having made one. We have basically decided that we will not trying anything beyond this, although I've been doing a bit of research on IUI as a next option. Now that I know I'm ovulating, albeit with the assistance of medication, this may be an option. How handy is that the clinic that performs this process is located in the mall right next door to my office building? I can skip upstairs, have my IUI, then take the escalator downstairs for Thai food. Does life get any better than this???

Not much else going on. Home writing today and getting lots done for a change. Had a good appointment this morning with someone who just completed the graduate program I'm applying for, and got all the scoop on it from her. Certainly sounds challenging, but achievable. The best part was that she told me how our employer paid for her entire program and gave her a new computer for home plus every Friday off in order to study. Gives me a good place to start negotiating from when we begin to discuss the support they mentioned to me a few weeks ago.

In an ideal world, I'd get pregnant, accepted into the program, pop a healthy kid out at full term, and happily complete the program while on maternity leave.

Yeah right. I crack me up!!!

3 comments:

Mere said...

Wow, that sounds like ambition if I ever did hear it! Sounds like a good program if you can get that kind of support. Good Luck!

Donna said...

I think you should live in Ideal World. I hear they have good Thai restaurants there.

Anonymous said...

It's not my place so I wasn't going to say anything before ... but it did sound to me like your doc really wasn't doing much to treat the infertility. There is so much more out there than chlomid and charts. A lot of docs only do chlomid for 6 months max before moving to more aggressive treatments.