Tuesday, June 21, 2005

On my mind

Things that are on my mind today:

  • I've not been able to get face time with the senior staff person I need to meet with in order to end this current assignment
  • In the span of 24 hours, I've been offered three different new assignments at work ~ none of which are upward moves but one of which is at least of interest...kind of...sort of
  • Ironically, the one that interests me is being vacated by the person who got the job I was most interested in being interviewed for but was not shortlisted for due to my educational_disability
  • I'm still totally confused about my future and feeling devalued at work
  • Yet more irony ... I'm the chair of the employee recognition program at work
  • I fly out tomorrow for a conference
  • I'm feeling a bit insecure about leaving HB home alone this weekend for some reason ~ his band is playing at a local bar two nights and I've never missed any of his gigs ~ who will protect him from the bar tarts and harlets?
  • If we didn't conceive this month, I will start my period while away on the trip
  • I really really hope we conceived this month
  • The trip is taking me within spitting distance of the US border so a little cross border shopping trip will be in order
  • Knothead has managed to insert herself into our lives and complicate my trip to the airport tomorrow beyond description ~ the woman has incredible skill at commandeering and complicating
  • HB finishes teaching tomorrow and has the summer off
  • I have exactly eight more working days before I have a month off ~ I can't wait.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Bar tarts and harlets sounds like something they would serve you for breakfast in England. Just sounded funny to me. I really, really hope that you conceived this month too.

Lala said...

I'd like to get my rings around knothead!

The Walker Tribe said...

A whole month off? Damn - that would be freaking nice.

Sandy - You know you have our prayers.

Mony said...

I hope you conceived this month too...that would be too cool for school!