Thursday, October 19, 2006

Beating the odds

I live on a small cul de sac. There are precisely twelve duplexes (or semis as we call them) on this cul de sac. Three of the women who live in these twelve duplexes are newly pregnant. One of these women lives in the other side of our house. She had loaned me a book on pregnancy when we shared our news with her. Yesterday I propped that book, along with a gift card that I had "earned" from a local maternity clothing store the day I went on my optimistically stupid shopping trip, in between her two doors. I know the statistics for healthy pregnancies. Please let all three of these women beat the odds. Please. Is that too much to ask?

And now onto something completely different and totally awesome! Take a gander at the wee one that will be joining our happy crew here as of tomorrow at around lunch time:


Her name is Anna, and she is only five months old in this picture, which was taken in May 2006. She is in her 10th month now and from what I am told by my sister in law, who is bravely driving her from Newfoundland in her little car, is a real piece of work. Reminiscent of our Barkley boy.

I believe she will have to be christened Anna Chiquita Banana. Anna is far too formal.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not a dog, Sandy. That's a moose in dog's clothing.

Sandy said...

hehehe...speaking of dog's clothing, wait for the post that will discuss HB's reaction when I dress both v. large dawgs up in halloween costumes which were purchased today. One will be a bride dawg and the other will be a fairy princess dawg. I. Can't. Wait. hehehe

Lut C. said...

Living between all those PG ladies must be hard on you.

The dog is so fluffy! Chiquita banana is a bit 'hot' for a dog a winter coat like that. She doesn't strike me as Brazilian.
It does have a nice ring to it though. :-)

Donna said...

There's nothing like a new furbaby to make a girl feel better. Sorry about the neighbours...

Shinny said...

Congratulations on the new puppy. That is so exciting. Good luck with house training and I hope she is not a barker.

Keep us posted with pictures.

DinosaurD said...

Anna's beautiful (yes, I think of dogs this way). Can you hear my envy all the way from the other side of the country?
DinoD

Krista said...

OHHHHH.... she's great. And you're sister is very brave. It's not the drive but the ferry ride that will be the hardest.

Can't wait to see halloween pictures

Tiff said...

How exciting...a furpuppygirlbaby! Yeah!!! NOTHING is better than furbabies. I can't wait to hear some stories about her.

Drew said...

Anna is total sweetness... :)

Sheryl said...

Awwww... she's BEAUTIFUL!!

Mony said...

Anna is lovely...if not a little intimidating. Woof!

x said...

Anna is beautiful. I want to kiss her pretty face. Puppy love is the best, enjoy every minute.

Anonymous said...

I love what you did, returning the book with the giftcard. No matter what you're going through, you are constantly thinking of others before yourself. You are so very kind and sweet, Sandy.

That dog is absolutely beautiful!