Saturday, May 06, 2006

A Week in the Life of...without pictures

My friend Grins recently had a very cool post entitled "A Day In The Life of..." which depicts a day in the life of (smart huh?) all in pictures. Very cool. Perhaps I will do that some day soon. Only that would involved dragging me more than ample arse into this century and purchasing some sort of camera device that could actually allow me to post pictures directly to the web without first going through the whole "take my pictures to Walmart and get them put on a disc" thing.
So...what's up with our house and home this week some of you have asked? Tremendously exciting things ... we're just impossible to keep up with! (ed: snort!)
First, and most importantly, Big Dawg is still a vibrant part of the family. We are now into the seventh week since his diagnosis, and he's showing no signs of slowing down. One of the lymph nodes was a bit swollen last week, so Dr. Awesome upped the prednozone. He's on about 650 mg per day. When it is time for me to go, someone please put me on prednozone. Pullleeeazzzze. You eat like a horse, crave nothing but water, and lose weight! Seriously! Why hasn't someone turned me onto this drug a long time ago???
HB's band (aptly called Men w/ Issues) is playing at a happening local bar this weekend. This bar has a wicked step leading out of the place that averages four drunken falls per gig. Last night we were sitting at the table right beside this step, being the good groupies that we are, when this poor woman comes careening down the step directly at me. I think I spent too much time with the kids last week. Barely missing a beat in the conversation, I reached out and caught her. She carried on out the door, and I continued talking to my friends, who sat there gobstruck. It was that eye in the back of your head maternal double grab instinct that kicked in. The only problem is mine isn't fully developed (you know...what with only being an evil step mother and all) so my "grab" was really more of a "jack your thumb into the woman's armpit" thing. This morning my thumb is sore, and somewhere in Dartmouth there is a hung over woman waking up with a tender armpit.
New courses began this week. I'm going to be a pasty white chick this summer because of this work load. We registered for paddling the other day, but I'm thinking that's going to be money wasted. These are intense and heavy assignment schedules! Remind me again why I've decided to cram this degree into 24 months while working full time?
Hmmm....just rereading this. Perhaps I should just stay far away from a day in the life of in pictures. Might not be pretty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoss was on steroids once, for a flea medication allergy that had him welted up like a doggy version of frankenstein. And it made him want to eat a lot more and drink a lot more and pee a lot more ... but it also made him one of the most hateful dogs. While on it was the one and only time he tried to bite someone. I mean bite ... not the short woofy warning but flat out take someone's hand off. If you ask me, though, it'd have served the guy right - I tried to warn him not to pet the snarly dog and he tried anyway.

I'm glad your newfie is doing well on it.

x said...

I could use some of that prednozone stuff right about now. I am glad to here the big guy is doing good. I hope you had a great time at the bar.

Krista said...

OMG you are in Dartmouth! I am so jealous. I just moved from Dartmouth to Ontario a couple of years ago and I am so homesick.

I also believe this may be my "outing" on your site. I think that until now I have been quietly lurking.

So to update I love your dog, how much you truly love your stepson and your site (and now I love where you are from)

Glad things are going well.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!