Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Not Long Now

and it will be over.

Big Dawg has lost his appetite. His right leg has swollen up, and he is no longer interested in moving off the basement floor.

HB and I have decided to take tomorrow off work. We will go buy him a great big t-bone steak, apples, grapes, cookies ... all the things he hasn't been able to have since this lousy cancer was diagnosed.

We will feed him well. We will cuddle him and love him up.

And then we will take that last drive to the vet's clinic.

My heart is breaking at the thought of it.

12 comments:

DinosaurD said...

Oh Sandy, I'm so sorry.
I hope he regains some of his appetite for tomorrow but if not, even just with all the loving, Big Dawg is going to be in heaven even before the last drive.
DinoD

Lala said...

I'm sorry luv, my heart breaks for you and HB. Good luck tomorrow

Krista said...

Oh Sandy I am sorry - I know how much you love him.

Sue said...

My heart is breaking, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I put my sick cat down last week so I know just how you feel, driving to the vet's office and coming home alone. Your logical mind tells you you're doing the kindest thing you can, but your heart feels like a traitor. Know that you're letting Big Dawg keep his dignity to the end this way. If you need to talk, email me any time.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Sandy. I know how hard this is. My heart goes out to you and HB.

x said...

OMG Sandy, my heart is in a million pieces for you. Not that it is hard right now to make me cry, but I am sitting at work totally bawling into my computer screen.
I love how you are spending your last day. Please know that my thoughts are with you. I am just so sorry.

Donna said...

I'm struggling to find the right words and there just aren't any. I'm sorry.

Sue said...

Just checking in to let you know I'm thinking of you.

Krista said...

I've been thinking of you all day and hoping things got better.

Anonymous said...

Your family will be in my thoughts. Pets are just like family and sometimes a lot kinder and loyal also.
Take care.

Tiff said...

Oh, how I wish this all wasn't happening. I am thinking of you all.