Saturday, October 29, 2005

To blog or not to blog?

It's been a fairly uneventful week in our household. I've been on the road for work. We dodged the 'perfect storm' that was predicted for mid week - the remnants of three weather forces (two of them tropical storms) coming together on the same day. Worked for me since that was the day I was scheduled to be driving the coast line home.
What I didn't dodge was this nasty cold that settled in just before I had to present at a conference on Wednesday.
Consequently, my temps have been up and down all week and the last thing I've felt like doing is having a roll with the lovely HB - as much as I adore him. So we're probably out of the running of this month. And next month as well. This project that I'm leading at work will have me on the road and out of town for about 40 days over the next three months.
I've been trying to keep my links up on this blog ... making sure that I'm moving those who have received great news of late, like Cecily to the appropriate list, and those who have arrived to their rightful spot in the links. It occurs to me that in the 15 months that I've been blogging, I've seen a lot of people move to different spots. Some have continued to blog about the new place they are at in their lives - parenting, adoption or preparing to adopt, and even for some - now blogging about coming to terms with not having children.
I wonder what I will blog about once the decision regarding biological children in my life is finally made for and/or by me? Will I even continue to blog? I guess we'll find out pretty soon.

8 comments:

Thalia said...

There have been quite a few posts recently about whether blogging can survive a change in situation. I check back with Danae, for example, and she hasn't posted since she made her decision to stop trying in August. I think you have to do what's right for you. And that will be different for each of us.

Anonymous said...

If you do decide to continue, we're here to listen.

Donna said...

I'm continuing to blog because it helps me, and I find I still have plenty to say. Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I think my view is different because I blog simply to blog. The treatments and such will be a part of it, but the overall reason for blogging is just to get it out there - whatever it is.

April said...

I second Lut's comment - no matter what you decide, if you'd like to share it with us, we'll be here.

Tiff said...

I hope you continue to blog.
I only keep mine up because I have nothing else to do. What an exciting life I have.
*Thinking of you*

Sue said...

I hope you continue to blog. I'd miss you.

The Walker Tribe said...

I truly hope you continue - you would be missed!