Thursday, September 02, 2004

On resolutions and conspiracies

September. For me, it's becoming almost like January. The promise of a new year. Fresh starts. New beginnings. Schedules resume. People are energized and excited. I dust off my list of things to do and resolutions to keep, and I attempt to get back on track.

This week, it's the refocus on weight loss, exercise and the link of both of those to my ability (or inability) to conceive. High on my resolution list for this September is getting back my focus on healthy eating and exercise.

It's a cruel joke that the first weekend of this fresh season is called "Labour Day". It's like a taunt ... a jab ... and I'm starting to realize that it's not directed at me personally. Just as I've finally accepted that there's not a conspiracy amongst all the currently pregnant women in my city to congregate at the Walmart at the precise time that I enter to shop there.

The world isn't out to rub my face in my own infertility. It does make me wonder, though, how some women manage to get pregnant by apparently just having a uterus while I try daily with no result.

But I will try to accept that there isn't a world wide conspiracy. As a matter of fact, I resolve to add achievement of that acceptance to my 2004 September list of resolutions.

2 comments:

DavidBong said...

Never, never give up on your responsibility and calling to be a mother. My prayer goes to you and your husband.

And you are doing the right thing by getting your weight under control. It helps with the chances of getting pregnant.

Sandy said...

David...thanks for the post and the encouragement!