Saturday, September 04, 2004

The 2ww ... a love/hate relationship

I'm in that two week waiting period ... that totally uncertain time between the "did I really o" day and the "is it going to start" day. I hate this time, and yet I love it. It's the time that's filled with hope, and that has inevitably ended with sadness for me. Only to be followed by the upward swing of hope again as we head into yet another cycle. It's that time that you don't want to take an advil, or have a drink, or exercise too vigorously, just in case ....

It's been 22 cycles since our miscarriage. I've had 22 two week waiting periods.

Which means that I'm approaching the second anniversary of the loss of our baby boy.

Which also means that I'm quickly approaching my 42nd birthday.

I remember actually complaining about the fact that I was going to be spending my 40th yelling in the labour and delivery room. Man, what I would give to have been yelling in that room on that birthday.

Feeling kinda sorry for myself today, aren't I?


1 comment:

Kath said...

I am so very sorry for your loss and hope that you can cope with the anniversary ok. I am approaching hte first anniversary of my miscarriage (twins@12w) and its going to be hard. I am also going to cycle over that period so hopefully something good can come out of this crap month.

Good luck