Thursday, September 23, 2004

Funky Wit...or Witty Funk?

I guess I've been in a bit of a funk of late, and haven't been doing the journalling or blogging that usually helps me to work through funks. I had every intention of this blog being a positive, uplifting, and yes dare I say witty, sarcastic view of my life. It's turned out to be a funked out bitch list on some days.

But you know what? That kinda sums up where my life is right now! Let's see. In no particular order of importance or magnitude, here are the current activities and issues in my daily life:

  • married into a step-mess with two awesome little guys for step sons who are being coached by their knothead mother to hate and ignore me....that's always fun
  • overweight by about 40 lbs and not seeming to be able to get motivated to do much about it....except lay on the couch and pop bon bons (ok ok....Skor bits really) into my mouth while hubby works out addictively
  • in the unique position of reorganizing the part of the department I am currently directing on an acting basis, the result of which will be that my home position will no longer exist, and trying to smile and welcome back the person that I was acting on behalf of so that I can go back to a position at the level I started here in 10 years ago....oh and leading the employee recognition program in the section while doing so....way to feel valued
  • trying to deal with the sudden death of a close friend whom I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to
  • approaching the two year marking of the date that I lost the only child I managed to conceive (September 27)
  • making like a bunny on a regular basis and never even a hint that I might be able to conceive again!

So, although I know there are folks in this world that have much much more on their plate, this list helps me to give myself slight permission to be in a funk!

Now my job is to figure out which of these I have control over, take some steps to control and/or change those funky situations .... and stop dwelling on the shit I can't change.

Oh yeah, and get wittier in my blogging!



1 comment:

Julianna said...

Hi Sandy. I don't know what is going on with blogspot but I have been checking your blog and the latest entry on your profile page is "dreaming of pickles" and that is the last one that I read. I just noticed on my profile page, the "most recent" is not accurate either. I think blogspot is messing up a bit. I need to change my entry page for your blog to be something other than your profile page. Look at your profile page and it will show your most recent post. Still "pickles". I was actually going to email you to see how you were doing until I saw your post today on my blog.

I am sorry about your friend. That is so awful. I am glad you are still here and sorry I have been missing you.