Saturday, June 17, 2006

Voulez vous voo doo?

It occurred to me today that I am considerably late with this period. Like about 3 weeks late. Before you get excited (ok, before I get excited), let me assure you that I am not pregnant. I'm still just sucker enough to have bought into the whole maybe this is karma thing and I'm meant to present HB with a stick laced in urine for Father's Day. You know. Kind of in the same way that I got out of buying his a birthday present for his 40th birthday.

But no. So instead I wrapped up two pictures of our Barkley Boy that I had made into 8 x 10 and put into nice frames.

I didn't realize how stressed I was ... even with all the crap that has been going on of late. You'd think I'd clue in .... I mean an overnight stay in emerg, a meltdown at work and all the drama there should have been signs enough. We went for massages today and I could not believe how knotted up I was! Unbelievable. Man, it felt good. Unfortunately Knothead had thought it would be a good idea for Frodo and Mini Me to be here with us overnight tonight. I'd like to be Christian and say it was because she wanted them to be with their father on his hallmark holiday, but it's more that it suits her family plans tomorrow if they're back to her by noon. So we had these awesome massages and have been flat out ever since.

As for work...I've made a decision. I have met with the executive recruiter and she is reviewing my cv. I've moved my stuff to the crap cubicle. I've met with my home director and given him the heads up that if I don't have another job by the end of December, I will be back to my home position. And so between now and December, I'm going to put my head down, suck it up, get this project done and just keep chanting "it's just a job it's just a job it's just a job".

Ok. I might just maybe stick a few pins in a doll or two that I have in a drawer. Maybe.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Sandy, this whole work situation sucks. I really hope the recruiter is able to find something better. And... I have to ask... are you sure you are not pregnant? I know stress can delay a period and you have had a lot of stress but....

Thalia said...

You are doing great at handling this ridiculous work situation. I'm sorry you've got all this stress to deal with.

Hoping that HB has a lovely birthday.

Sandy said...

Hey Krista...yes, I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant. I didn't write it very clearly, but I actually purchased and used a HPT yesterday, thinking that if it came back positive, I'd wrap it again and present it to HB for Father's Day today, just as I had on his 40th birthday back in 2005. But it was negative. Oh well. Almost just as well at this point. Frodo has been such a pain in the butt of late that I understand why hampsters selectively eat some of their young! :-)

Anonymous said...

Where have you been lately?
No blogging for awhile.
Miss you~