Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Trudging along

I'm back to work and I so don't want to be here! I'm working, minute by minute, to adjust my attitude but it doesn't seem to be working thus far. I'm actively seeking other opportunities as I'm just not feeling stimulated or valued in this current position. I had to move spaces yet again yesterday. Since April I have moved office space three times, and have gone from having a large office with hard walls and a door, to a smaller office with hard walls and a door, to a slightly smaller cubicle with soft walls, no door to this latest space ~ which was previously assigned to a student on work placement here and is located outside of three large offices that belong to people who our department's senior manager brought over from her previous department. Nice.

On the good news front, I was down another 2.4 lbs this morning at weigh-in, taking me to a total 15.6 loss since I started following the Weight Watchers core program. People noticed the loss yesterday when I returned to work because they hadn't seen me for a month. Well that, and I got about 5 lbs of hair cut off while on vacation!

HB is coming over to have lunch with me today, which is a special treat.

I will make the best of this day! There is nothing that bad that I can't overcome. Nothing.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Urg! I hate going back to work! I hope your return to work goes smoothly.

And congratulations on the weight loss! That's awesome!

Lala said...

That's a good attitude, I have to be more like that.

Tiff said...

I hope you had a nice lunch and congrats on the weight loss...and hair cut! ;)

Anonymous said...

Awesome weight loss! Great job! Now, have you ever watched "Office Space"? It sounds like they're treating you like Milton!! (If you've never seen the movie, go rent it!)

Anonymous said...

Wow. nearly 16 pounds is fantastic! I think you should just act all superior but nice at the same time and drive them crazy.

Sue said...

You sound great, Sandy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! That is magnificent!

As for the job, sorry about that. Having a crummy job is a toughie.

Mony said...

I do believe that you have inspired me to join Weight Watchers. Thanks!.....I think!