Saturday, August 20, 2005

Laying Around

Not much going on of late. We've had a childless weekend, although we are picking them up tomorrow to take them to a corn boil with us. That should be fun, even though the weather is calling for showers.
I have resolved to try to see the positive in things instead of floating to the negative all the time. I tend to be so quick to see all the negative shit, and not so quick to acknowledge the good intentions of people, or the positive of a perceived bad situation. I find that I've really been mucking around in mud puddles and feeling sorry for myself lately. I plan to stop that!
It was kind of funny today. We live in a fairly small community that is a suburb of a larger city. There are few services out where we are, but there is a drugstore. We've become fairly friendly with one of the pharmacists there. She knows about our miscarriages, and knows we're trying to conceive. She was the one that I had to call when I was out of the province and realized I hadn't filled my clomid prescription. So today we stopped in to pick up a few things, and she begins relaying this story to us about friends of hers who have just had their sixth child. And not just that, but they're at least 40! She was midway through the last sentence when she realized what she was doing. She stopped herself and I roared when she said, "I can't believe I was just going to tell you that maybe if you relaxed it would happen for you too".
So much for science!
I was teetering on the brink of giving up on trying again. I haven't filled the clomid 'scrip for three months now. And then I went to Grrrl's site and read Gelfite's birth story. And feel at peace with knowing that I need to try just a bit longer.
I'm off for a cuddle and since this is relatively anonymous here, I'll admit that I'm also going to watch Big Brother! Oh the drama in the house! The drama!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up. It's not time to give up yet.

I wish I would have watched this season of Big Bro. I used to love that darn show and I haven't watched since the guy with one leg won (was his name Eddie?).