Saturday, April 02, 2005

Home Alone

I'm in charge of the kids!!! They are locked ..... ummm I mean in the basement playing PS2 with their friends. HB is out having physio (finally!) on that shoulder of his. And I'm experiencing normal life with kids.

Ever see that commercial where the guy is saying he always wanted to be "that Dad"? I think it's a car commercial. Well, my husband is "that Dad". Kids everywhere love him. And our house has become "that house" in the neighbourhood ... the house where all the kids hang out. And eat. Holy cow, do they eat! Because we have two boys, it's always boys that are here. There are some days when I feel so surrounded by testosterone, I'm not quite sure what to do.

I love it.

There have been a few posts on some of my favourite blogs of late that I can relate to regarding the questioning of why we're on this journey. Is the goal of becoming pregnant and actually carrying to term sometimes outweighing the reason we try? Do I realize that the reason that I'm trying is to have a baby? A child? A whole other person with whom I will be connected forever and ever amen?

Have I really considered the changes in my lifestyle? What it will mean to my identity? The long term responsibility? I mean, my God, how much is university going to cost by the time a child I have now is ready to attend?

Then I listen to the voices of the boys and their friends in the basement, and I think "yeah, I know".

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandy, I left a message yesterday but kept getting timed out while waiting for it to go through.....

I was saying that I hope your house if filled with the noise of a babies cry in the future......

I hope you are well.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Damnation!

It is so hard to leave a comment on blogger. Sorry about this.

Anonymous said...

SANDY!!!!!!

I can't delete all those, I am sorry. Can you help?

Sandy said...

woooo hoooo! Julianna is boosting my comment quota all on her own...hehehe. Not to worry my friend. Doesn't seem that there is anything much can be done about it. Made me feel good though when I logged on...thanks!!! :-)

Donna said...

We are fairly isolated, living in a rural area where the houses are far, far apart, and we don't often spend time with small children. Sometimes I wonder if we spent more time around kids if I would want one more or less. Lately I've been thinking maybe there's a reason why I could never conceive, being around kids just makes me annoyed or sad. Perhaps its a defense mechanism. I'm glad you have fun with your boys.

Anonymous said...

Well, I left you a comment yesterday that was sweet about babies and their noises and hopes for the future and it never showed up which is not the first time here, I know it is a blogger thing but still. I hope you had a nice weekend my dear and thank you for fixing my mess!