Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Canadian eh?

Do you ever get feeling superstitious around this whole conception thing? I often feel like if I just pretend we're not really trying to conceive, and if I just don't say out loud that I'm feeling a few symptoms, then it might come true.

So I think I jinxed myself by posting about the symptoms on Monday.

Today I'm feeling all crampy and stuff, and it might just be my imagination, but my boobs don't seem quite as tender any more. Not to be too graphic and specific, but it's really just the nips anyhow. It's like they have twenty kajillion nerve endings in them that happen to be touching e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g right now, and then to top it all off, have decided to dry up, allowing themselves to resemble overbaked sheets of phyllo dough! God...no wonder my husband adores me eh?

On the positive side (oops....damn...probably jinxed myself AGAIN by even typing the word positive), my cold seems to have begun the farewell journey. My voice is back, and I actually ventured into the office today.

Yeah. I'm definitely not going to read anything into this soreness. I think it's just one of those lovely side benefits of living in Canada in April.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and hoping so much that you get more symptoms (good symptoms).

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Symptoms suck. Because whether they mean good things or nothing, they are frustrating and occupy way too much of our time.

So instead of wishing you good symptoms, I am just going to wish you everything your heart desires.

Sue said...

I cracked up at your comment on pretending - been doing a lot of that myself, lately. Hoping all your dreams come true, Sandy!

Anonymous said...

Totally understand the superstitious thing. Whenever I accidently say the words "When I get pregnant...", I immediately correct myself and say "I mean, IF I get pregnant...." Totally superstitious reasons, like some fertility god is going to strike me a blow for being overconfident.

Tiff said...

So glad that your cold is finally leaving you...those things blow!
**keeping my fingers crossed for you**