Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Odds & Sods

HB is doing better pain wise. I'm glad I got my garbage out here on the blog and didn't get too stupid about it at home. As it turns out, and I knew it would turn out this way, my fears were completely unfounded. He took the muscle relaxants for one day ~ a total of two pills ~ and threw them out. He said he didn't like the way they made him feel, largely like he was looking through a haze, and that he would rather feel the pain. The anti-flammatories and the massage therapy are helping him to move through the pain, and today he was much better. I'm so grateful for a partner who knows the importance of living his own recovery. I'm also grateful that I have obviously grown enough in the years we've been on the recovery road that I was truly able to detach and hand over what was not mine to meddle in.

In other news ~ I'm getting ready to go away on a retreat weekend. It's actually called a Cursillo . I've been involved with this community since 1986, and am going to be providing the music for the group this weekend. It's a really renewing experience for me to work on a team, and although I'm generally pretty tired when I return home, I feel fed. This cold that I have been struggling with seems to have lifted a lot today, so I should be ok to sing without having too runny a nose all weekend!

I'm about 24 days into this cycle, and have been experiencing some gas like pain in my left side the last two days. I had that the first month I was on clomid as well, and if you remember, that was the month that I got a positive pregnancy test result but miscarried within two weeks. Please God, don't let this be a repeat of that. For once, let it just be gas!

3 comments:

Donna said...

I hope your weekend feeds you what you need. And I hope history is about to repeat itself (in a good way this time).

Tiff said...

I just wanted to say that I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Sue said...

Have a great weekend, and I'm glad you're HB is doing better. Crossing my fingers that your gas is a good sign!