Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Return of the Bad Blogger

I am an unbelievably bad blogger! I have been following some of my favourite blogs though, and can't say enough about how happy I am for Ollie and her amazing news! It's bad though, when you're down to one blog post per month. I can remember when I would have to refrain from posting twice in a day!

We've been having some major issues with Frodo and Mini-Me. They turned 12 and 10 this summer, and are truly the products of divorce. I hate to sound like my mother, but I'm going to sound like my mother for a minute when I say that when I was a kid, we'd get our arses kicked for even thinking some of the things these kids do. They are spoiled, abrasive boys with a real sense of entitlement and no sense at all of valuing what they have in this world. It's been a rough summer, and I don't know if we'll survive the adolescent period.
How the hell did I ever think that I could handle a child of my own at my age? I'm trying to picture going through puberty with a kid when I'm in my mid 50's .... yeah .... just can't picture it. Oh how the times have changed. I live in fear of getting pregnant now. Fear I say!
I'll just keep hangin' out with my dawgs, and for the three of you that are still checking in here once in a while, I'm adding some pictures of the most beautiful dawgs in the world for you!



6 comments:

Donna said...

Hi! You're still on my blogroll, so I know when you've posted. It doesn't matter how long in between posts, my dear. Thanks for the big dawg pics, and sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with the boys.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I hope things get better with the boys. Beautiful dawgs!

Anonymous said...

I love your dawgs.
Sorry that things are not going better with Frodo and Mini-Me. Do you guys have any plans as to how to deal with it?
DinoD

Ollie said...

Aww, thanks hon.

You truly do have the most beautiful dawgs! Those puppy eyes slay me!

Tiff said...

Awww...great pics!
I hope your fall is less eventful than the summer!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the dogs (such sweet faces) and live in the knowledge that no matter how tough it is with frodo and mini me right now, it will pass and then on the another stage. Thinking of you and wishing you the best