Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My sad little life...

I am one of those annoying people that keeps her old calendar from one year to the next. We have one calendar in the kitchen that holds all the various appointments, band gigs, rehearsals, visits from friends, basketball and hockey practices for Frodo and Mini-Me. I also have one up here in my office that holds my school assignment deadlines, personal appointments, family milestones, birthdays, and other celebrations.

In my commitment to decluttering, I threw both of these out - right in the garbage. And Murphy's Law has prevailed.

I need them back.

I took the Banana to the vet today as she was scheduled to be spayed. You may recall that when she arrived on a Thursday in October, I immediately made an appointment for the following Wednesday for her spay procedure, only to be foiled by an unexpected experience of having a Newf in heat on our hands! The procedure obviously had to be cancelled, and we got the treat of putting maxi pads on a large dawg for several weeks.

So we waited the requisite number of weeks and dropped her off today at 8:00 a.m. I arrived at work at 9:00 a.m., and had a call from the vet at 9:15 a.m.

The pre-op tests indicated that she is going back into heat and so they could not perform the spay. Now, I don't mind an overachiever, but two heats in less than three months is a bit much there Mz Fanna Banana!

When I went to pick her up at the end of the day, the vet and I got chatting. As we did the math backwards, we're now wondering if indeed she is going into heat, or still not far enough out of her last heat.

And of course, I don't have my calendars so I can't swear to her end date.

Because yes, pathetically, I was reduced to even tracking my dawg's periods on the calendar.

I have a sad little life ..... just sad. Can you beat that?

6 comments:

Runergirl said...

Can't beat it, but can I laugh a little at the irony.

Shinny said...

Want to know what I had on my calendar Feb. 8, 2001? I can look it up for you. ;) So you are not alone my dear.

x said...

I can't stop laughing at the thought of a maxi pad on a newf long enough to think of whether or not I can beat that.

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor puppy dawg. Girlie parts are even a pain in the neck for sweet little doggies. Figures.

Hoping her heat cycle ends soon.

Anonymous said...

hah you poor thing! What a rollercoaster.

Anonymous said...

You mean after everything you've been through you now have to chart your dog's cycles? That is just rich. At least we know for sure that God has a sense of humor. And so do you! Thanks for the morning chuckle ;)

btw the word verifcation code I'm typing in is "gymrulz". Wow!