Monday, February 19, 2007

Hand me back my head please....

I think that, after years of having relatively stress free times, PMS has set in at Casa Dawg. What else can explain my turning into the she-bitch from hell this last week?

I have been ultra-sensitive to the least little comment. Everything that HB said was subject to interpretation and analysis. On Saturday morning I was leaving for a meeting, and as I was getting ready to go, I called out "bye" to HB and the kids. No answer. I chortled out a second time - still no answer. I became demonically possessed at that point, screeching out to myself (since obviously no one was listening) "byyyye Sandy....have a GREAT day!" and punctuating my response to myself with a massive slamming of the front door on the way out.

I immediately felt remorse - even before I had my truck backed out onto the road. So, when my cell phone rang 10 minutes later, I sheepishly answered. HB said he was on his way out from the kitchen to give me a kiss goodbye before my head started spinning around and doors started slamming.

This is but one example of what our week here was like.

It has been suggested by several in the know that perhaps I am entering a perimenopausal state, explaining the completely screwed up hormones. I have also been incredibly forgetful and this last week's period lasted longer than any I've ever had. Ever.

Hmmm....any good news? Well, I've hit the 30 lb loss mark. I am officially able to buy in the normal size person clothing stores now, and celebrated that this weekend by buying three new outfits. One even has a belt. A belt! Do you know how long it's been since I've worn a belt?

Oh yeah. I gave away all my maternity clothes this weekend. And felt really ok with doing that.

Carry on while I go await the next mood swing.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Boy, I hear you and raise you a mood swing. If I have to go through another 10 years of this before I actually hit menopause I'm going to end up in a padded room.

Cricket said...

I had a round week for mood swings. Also been drenching the sheets at night in sweat. Not pretty.

Krista said...

Congrats on the 30 lbs, that is quite an achievment! And isn't it wonderful to buy new outfits when you worked so hard to make your body more the way you want it. I lost 25 lbs through WW a couple of years ago and my favorite part was the shopping at the end.

Sorry about the mood swings, hope they back off!

Tiff said...

I hear ya. Mood swings SUCK!
I hope you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

The mood swing thing is so not funny, but I was laughing so hard when I read this because of the way you wrote it. Can I ever relate. Saturday was my moodswingy day. It was really ugly. But nothing that a half a pound of chocolate didn't fix. Heh.

Congratulations on your weight loss! I know what you must have been feeling when you bought a belt. I've been there. xox!

Sue said...

Stopping by to say "hello" and CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!