Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Happy Blogaversary to Me

On August 30, 2004 I posted to this blog for the first time. It had been two years since we had discovered that our baby boy was not alive.

Here I sit, exactly two years later. Pregnant. Holy cow.

I am stunned beyond belief. I saw my doctor today and got the blood work order. I'll go first thing tomorrow morning and believe it or not, I can't remember how it works. I think I will have to go back and get a second draw in a day or two. I'm hoping it's the very next day since I'm working out of town every day this week.

HB and I had already had plans to hang out with my parents yesterday, and we decided that we would share the news with them. HB is working really hard to help me remain positive. Like me, he says he's happy and scared all at once. I think happy is winning out with him. He wants to wait a few days until I get the hcg levels back and then wants us to tell Frodo and Mini-Me together.

I guess Frodo and Mini-Me were talking about wanting a baby brother or sister just the other day. Man, imagine how cool I'll be if I can actually deliver on that want? I mean really....first I actually saw Kiss in person which upped my cool level with Mini-Me....so delivering on this would be huge!

HB and I are following through with our lock down this weekend. I have to head to an amazing part of our province for work on Thursday. HB is going to come with me, and we're going to stay down there for Friday night as well. We've booked a really nice cottage on the grounds of a resort right on the water. My sister in law is going to hang out here with the dawg while we're gone, which is great.

And just to keep things exciting, I got a call today inviting me to an interview for a job that I would just absolutely love to have! It's a one year assignment to start, but it's with a staff team that I truly see as being a key part of my future career. I accepted the interview and will deal with any decisions I may have to make if and when they arise.

A state of disbelief. Part of me knows it's true because I have the positive test stick. And I feel exactly the way I did with my first pregnancy that actually hung around for any length of time. Sore boobs that are already showing blue veins. Bags under my eyes and mid afternoon tiredness. Early morning wakings, and already with the peeing thing. I went to the weight loss clinic I've been attending yesterday, and knew that I had to tell them. They were absolutely delighted, resulting in every consultant in the office coming into where I was, squeeling with delight and hugging me ... and telling me that although I was NOT to eat for two, I was also not to come back until after my baby was born. They were using words like "due date" and "bring the baby in". How the hell can people be so confident that a pregnancy is actually going to result in a baby?

9 comments:

x said...

Happy blog anniversay, what a perfect present!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! Nervous, sure, but excited!!

Donna said...

The sun is really shining on you right now, so much good news!

Krista said...

OH MY GOD SANDY. I go away for two freakin days and look what happens.

I am so very excited for you. Can't wait to hear more good news after your blood tests.

Looks like stressful step-children vacation and long lasting visitors are exactly what you needed! And everyone tells us to just relax. LOL

Sandy said...

Oh Krista....I can't tell you just how ironic I find it that after I stopped charting, temping, measuring and worrying (aka "relaxed"), I got pregnant. The irony is absolutely not lost on me.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise for you!
Always when you stop trying and forget about it. Me too.
I am thrilled for you.
Okay, now must have positive thoughts and tell the universe you are having this baby and everything will be fine.
You deserve this baby and he/she deserves you too!
WHOOPPEE!

Thalia said...

Oh Sandy I am absolutely delighted for you. What wonderful news. I do hope that this is a term pregnancy for you. You know that even after multiple miscarriages it is still more likely that you will carry to term than that you will have another one, right?

Hoping v hard for you.

Sami said...

Wow... I hadn't checked in in a bit and this is what pops up on my computer screen. I am rooting for this pregnancy and hope the hcg levels do what they are supposed to. Just wow... Happy Blogoversary!

Donna said...

best luck! I'm crossing my fingers too!