Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I'm Officially Older

It's been a lovely day thus far. I don't even mind getting old on days like today.

HB woke me up this morning by placing a gift on my pillow. It was a book that I've been wanting to read, along with a beautiful card that spoke directly to my heart. With everything that has been going on in our lives, this card talked about how he recognizes everything that I do on a daily basis. Simple words that meant so much.

Then we started on a treasure find, based solely on how predictable I am in the morning. Sad statement that I am that predictable!

First, I get the paper. I open up the bag and out falls another little gift. A plate stand ... very nice.

Then I get the milk out of the fridge for my coffee. Another gift is in the fridge! It's the most beautiful Willow_Tree plaque that immediately set me off crying.

After the coffee, I head upstairs to check email before jumping into the shower. On the keyboard sits yet another book that I've been wanting.

And then when I go to take my shower, I find a gift card for a manicure and pedicure at my favourite spa.

What a morning! More important than all the gifts, because truly, I'm not so much about getting stuff, is the fact that he spent all that time thinking about me and planning this out. I am definitely feeling the love.

I spent the morning at work being taken out for coffee and then lunch. This evening my family is coming into the city and we will all go out for supper to my favourite pasta place. All 11 of us, including Frodo and Mini-Me, who actually asked to join us for my birthday.

Yep. Feeling the love. And loving the feel of it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hippo birdie two ewes Dear Sandy! Here's to many more!

Sheryl said...

Happy Birthday Sandy!! It sounds like you're having a great day :)

DinosaurD said...

Happy Birthday!
Can I trade husbands with you - at least for my next birthday?
DinoD

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy said...

Thanks everyone! I had a wonderful day and evening. Onto a new year in the life of...and the masthead on the blog is officially changed!

x said...

I am glad you had such a great day. I wish men understood that it is the "thought" that counts and your hubbie must have put alot of thought into that. I love the willowtree you got, I am jealous!
Yeah for Froto and Minime asking to go - it sounds like you are surrounded with love.

Tiff said...

Sounds soooo wonderful. I am glad you had a great day and I hope you had a wonderful dinner too..well, with pasta, how can you go wrong, right?
Happy Belated Day!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Sandy! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!