Monday, July 10, 2006

Making Plans

Loving this new weight loss program. Eating a lot it seems - trying to graze my way through the day and it works. Down 3 lbs in the first week. In major debt, but down 3 lbs.

More importantly, I feel in control. I know it's only 3 lbs but I controlled them leaving the ample arse (hereinafter referred to simply as a.a.)

In other news, Knothead has decided to manipulate her way through our summer again, but HB is not allowing it to interfere. We have plans to go camping the first week in August. He told her that on three separate occasions over the last six weeks. None the less, she has decided that the demon seeds won't survive if they don't get to a Red Sox game that specific week, and then tried to cover by saying she had misunderstood HB. Hmmm....wonder which of the three times he said it she misunderstood? Or was it that she misread the freaking printed out calendar of commitments and plans he gave her? You know, where it says "T R A I L E R B O O K E D" right across that first week in August. I can see how you'd miss that. (Ed: would you want this woman teaching your children?)

I'm so proud of him though. He just said, "well, I'm going camping that week. If the kids are with me, cool. If not, I'm going camping".

Then she came back and told him that we could go camping during the third week of August when she is away. Gee. Thanks. Isn't she good to us?

Seriously. I have to talk to her boyfriend and get him to up the "do it her" quota. She's not getting enough. And I shouldn't even let myself be concerned, but man, how tiring must it be to live in her head like that? Always having to be out in front of everyone so you can figure out how to manipulate the situation?

The really sad thing, in my opinion, is how Frodo is becoming just like her. HB came into the kitchen the other day and said "I love him, but I hate him because he is just like her and I can't walk away from this one". How true.

Whatever. We're going camping. And that's fun. I just have to survive the next few weeks at work and get these papers done for my courses so I can take the week and just relax.

5 comments:

Cricket said...

Thank you for this post and the reminder that I am not the only one experiencing the frustration of an ex with creative calendaring skills. Have fun camping!

Donna said...

Camping is SO not my thing but if you enjoy it, then great!

Sandy said...

heh Donna...we can hardly call it camping. We're staying in my parents' trailer which they live in from May to October. It has satellite tv, microwave, shower...and it's at my sister's campground so we have full access to all the other facilities. But I'm with you - I much prefer a hotel or resort! However, listening to HB play guitar by the campfire does a little something to me hehehe

Sue said...

O.K...my idea of camping is a 4 star hotel on a beach! Congrats on the 3 pounds and a bigger congrats on feeling in control. That's the biggest battle. You sound fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I only wish my ex was so respectful, as to create a calendar to help me plan around!?

Good for you on the weight loss! That is fantastic.