Saturday, December 10, 2005

Reunited and it feels so good

I'm home for another weekend with a list of a bazillion things to do. We're not huge present givers but do like to do stockings up for each other. I got some very cool things at some of the industries I'm reviewing for HB's stocking ... it will be fun to watch him open some of these little gifts!

He had to play last night at a local bar. We went down and did the sound check together. I've become the band ear for sound check. Normally I love this job, but yesterday I was dead tired from having been on the road all week, and none of the guys showed up at the same time! So we spent two hours, levelling each one of the guys to HB. Lots of fun.

I then drove home to feed the dawgs. We were having a bit of snow so the driving wasn't a big whack of fun ... but nothing compared to the fun coming home at 1 a.m. after 6 hours of snow and rain had descended!

On the drive home, we almost ran over this beautiful boxer dawg who was running loose up the middle of a busy four lane road.

Guess who slept at the foot of our bed last night?

So this morning will be spent hanging posters, visiting vet clinics and trying to find this beautiful guy's home. He is very well trained and loved, so his family must be frantic this morning. I'm looking forward to reuniting them!

Then I'm looking forward to a little reunion of my own this afternoon if you catch my drift ...

3 comments:

Lut C. said...

Are you back on the road again next week or do you get to stay home?
Enjoy the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it through another week!

I couldn't imagine losing Hoss like that. It's great that you took him in and are trying to find his owners. Not many people would be so caring.

Ask the vet if he can scan for a microchip between the dog's shoulder blades. A lot more people are doing it these days.

Anonymous said...

I just had to put down my boxer in August.
Very good of you to take him in. I guaruntee someone loves him....they're great dawgs.