Sunday, December 04, 2005

Busy is as busy does

I'm just home for the weekend and trying to cram as much into it as possible. We have been:
  • shopping
  • wreath and bough gathering and decorating
  • Christmas light hangers
  • Christmas ornament unpackers and putter-outers (yes, it's a word in my world)
  • up to my parents' place (an hour away) for a visit and out to a surprise dinner for my mom's 75th birthday
  • to a dance for which only 15 or so folks showed up despite the fact that about 200 were expected

and that was just yesterday! I don't know how people who travel for a living all the time do it! I suppose you get used to it, but HB and I are just drinking each other in on these two short days together. Today we will go to mass, finish decorating the front deck, he'll head to band practice while I head into the office for a minute and then off to meet some girlfriends for an annual Christmas gathering before I head out again tonight for another week.

Yesterday HB told me that he had pretty much given up on us having a child. I asked him if he thought I was silly for continuing to take my temperature every morning. He said "you need to do what you need to do until you hit some level of peace with where it is we might land".

How true. How true.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you've made it through the week safely! That's so much to cram into just 2 days!

With Patrick and I starting (or trying to start) a treatment cycle, we've pretty well cancelled anything Christmas to help save money.

Lut C. said...

Wise words from HB.

I haven't thought about Christmas much, except for putting the dinner with my extended family in my diary.

We've never put up our own tree, for a number of reasons. Every year I feel less and less inclined to do any Christmas decoration around the house. We don't see any of it while we're out at work. And in the evenings we're both glued to our computer screens. :-)

Donna said...

I just can't get into doing anything Christmassy this year. Nobody ever comes to our house so it would just be for us, and it seems like a lot of work. This is the first year of our marriage where there isn't the hope of "next year" being the year when we will have a baby and renew that Christmas spirit. We all do what we need to do.

The Walker Tribe said...

Have safe travels!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get the time to enjoy each other a bit more once this month is over. Glad that you are coping ok.

Are you ready to 'give up' on the biological child?

Sandy said...

Not ready at all Thalia....no yet!