Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Cuddling and crying









You guys are awesome...thanks for checking in on us.

We're taking it a day at a time. The prednozone is keeping him happy thus far. We're not seeing too many of the side effects that we were warned about. He's pretty energetic, although he is drinking a lot of water. We're noticing a few more accidents in the house the last two days.

What's weird is that the 'little' dawg seems to know what's going on. They seem to be distancing themselves from each other. No one will ever be able to tell me that dawgs don't understand what's going on - they are incredibly intelligent.

In the meantime, we're all just spending as much time together as we can. We're taking a lot of walks, cuddling on the blanket together, and just generally hanging out. I'm better now in that I can at least talk about it without crying ... the one day at a time approach is helping.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts - we'll take each and every one of them!

9 comments:

Shinny said...

I hope he becomes a medical miracle and proves the doctors wrong.
So glad that the medicine is making him feel better.
It breaks my heart everyday to pop on here and see the pictures and read your pain. Know that you have many good thoughts coming your way from all over the world.
Thanks for sharing the pictures and your story.

x said...

maybe it's the drugs but I can't talk about it without crying. I love the pictures. I love his face so much. He is so gorgeous. I know this sounds so stupid but I feel your pain. I am so sorry. His sweet face is breaking my heart. Look at his legs and all the black spots, his personality shine's through.
My heart truly goes out to you. If I thought there was anything I could do, I would do it. Keep enjoying every minute with your big boy.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for the pain you are going through with your beloved animal (family member).
My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

He can't have gotten a better family than yours *hugs*

Donna said...

His face is so expressive -- hug him for me.

Sue said...

(((hugs))) for you and (((hugs for Dawg))).

Shinny said...

Hope you are still doing ok and your dawg too.

Anonymous said...

It's been almost 10 days since you've posted. I hope everything is ok *hugs*

Lala said...

Let us know how you're doing, I'm thinking of you.