Sunday, November 19, 2006

Blessed are they....

I've had to tell nine people that I am no longer pregnant this week. Nine people! And those are always the hardest ones to tell, because they get the whole face crumple look going, and then I end up comforting them, doing the "of course, how could you have known?" thing.

Well, part of how perhaps they could tell is that by now, I would have been 18 weeks pregnant. I know I'm overweight, but I did hit the 20 lb loss mark this week. I'm tucking my shirts into my jeans again. I'm into my jeans again! That's a stand alone statement right there. I do not look like a woman who is 18 weeks pregnant right now.

HB's band played this weekend. One of the other guys in the band is married to one of the most delightful, wickedly funny women I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Any time we get together is a fun time - she's one of those dance like no one's watching chicks. I love her. This weekend was no exception. In fact, even though I don't drink, she and I got into Cosmopolitans in fancy martini glasses Friday night. I couldn't figure out what was going on with my tongue Saturday morning as I dragged my arse out of bed at way too early to go to a meeting. First time in years I've had to deal with a hangover. Made me remember why I don't drink actually.

Our Sunday was intended to be a full day of rest. Both of us are exhausted, and had even decided to skip Mass this morning. That plan was waylaid by the hot water heater. It gave up the ghost, but not before leaking all night long. Under the sub floor and stairs and into the rec room where the perpetual guest is currently living. So this morning was spent completely cleaning out the basement, pulling up carpet, and replacing the hot water heater.

Luckily for us, one of the guys that plays in the band with HB is a plumber. In fact, he's a famous plumber. His picture has made the rounds on the internet many times since he decided to do this to his truck.

Anyhow, he came over mid morning and installed the new one for us. We are very fortunate to have friends like him. Now we will need to lay new flooring in the rec room, making it the nicest room in our whole home. Ironically we were just approved for a consolidation loan on Friday, completely clearing up our line of credit and credit cards, so we have room to deal with this issue. As we were mopping up this morning, someone made a reference to Katrina victims, and it knocked it totally into perspective for me. Yes, I'm tired but this is a minor inconvenience that is actually going to result in us finally getting to a renovation we intended to do all the time anyhow. We are blessed with a nice home, good friends, family, health and happiness. Life at Casa Dawgs - I like it. I think I'll keep it.

No comments: